Watch what we do to take care of our environment by clicking http://youtu.be/bMONhhQuICA
‘Taking good care of the environment’ runs down to our earliest roots. For many companies, ‘social responsibility’ is a ‘Johnny Come Lately’ concern. But for YOU, it was linked to one of the reasons we were started. Even now, many of the people we support have the least amount of money to live on AND the least choice when it comes to reducing living costs. All too often they end up paying more for the same goods. These come in small packages from far across the world, and because they may not even have a fridge or freezer, our service users may end up wasting stuff. Making more efficient use of things is not only the right thing to do, it is what YOU do.
As a provider of support, care and advice services, YOU encourages people to:
- Take action to save energy – ‘turn down…’, ‘turn off….’, ’shut that door…’
- Re-use stuff when possible
- Use re-cycle bins
- Avoid waste – don’t buy food that ends up in the bin
- Buy ‘local’ – helping lower costs and maybe keeping someone you know in work
- Use garden’s and window boxes to grow fresh food – good for you and good for wildlife;
Some other things we do…
- We like to invest in energy saving measures such as solar power, replacing old windows, doors, boilers etc with energy efficient ones;
- We re-cycle waste paper, cardboard etc in our offices;
- We encourage car-sharing among our staff by paying a higher mileage rate;
- We used to have a Green Team – now all of YOU staff should be green;
We would like to hear your ideas too!