Table of Contents
YOU is successful in attracting the support of a variety of business partners, from small and medium enterprises to major companies. You, too, could make a real difference in the day-to-day lives of many vulnerable people by teaming up with us and working together.
Really successful initiatives come in all shapes and sizes. Below are a few recent examples:
- A supported housing service for young people in Basingstoke got a brand new conservatory, adding much needed living space to their home;
- Fabulous garden makeovers were used as ‘team building exercises’ by local businesses giving them a unique business day out as well as helping to make an enormous difference to people who really appreciate it
- Greenhouses donated and built on site helped local people engage in ‘green initiatives’ by growing their own fruit and veg.
- Sponsored activities or fundraising activities, such as golf tournaments
- Donating Christmas hampers
- Sharing life skills experiences such as teaching people ‘interview skills’ or confidence building.
- TV chef, Lesley Walters visited one of our Dorset services to teach young people mouth watering, low budget recipes.
Why work with YOU?
Many of us are fortunate and know what we want in our lives. For some, however, these are just pipe dreams. YOU supports thousands of people throughout Hampshire, Portsmouth and Dorset every year and, for them we start from the premise that everyone has the right to the life they want. Their life – their say!
Working alone, YOU can only do so much, but working with you and our local community, we can do so much more. Would you like to join in?
Working together means a four way win. Our service users will win, thanks to your generosity. As a charity, we will achieve bigger and better outcomes, adding value to our brand in the eyes of our funders. Your staff will be uplifted and rejuvenated, maybe even inspired! And then finally, when the news gets out, making a real ‘wow’ in someone else’s life can seriously add value to your company, providing hard evidence that will enhance your reputation as a business that takes corporate social responsibility seriously.
Could your company benefit by working with YOU?
Well, in a word, yes:
- Be assured, we would be quick to raise public awareness through good PR coverage with your brand linked to ours, thereby helping to increase your company’s profile, reputation and image and reinforcing it as a brand that your customers are proud to be associated with;
- By supporting a local charity, your business could stand out against your competitors as ‘one that actually shows it cares’;
- Excellent opportunities for your employees to engage in team building activities and events (every good employer knows that ‘employee engagement’ boosts the commitment, morale, recruitment and retention of your staff);
- As a non-charitable company, charitable giving can be offset against corporation tax.
How YOU can work with your company?
YOU can tailor a relationship specifically for your company. There are a number of ways in which we can do this. Your business can be involved through:
- Choosing YOU as your charity of the year
- Donations to support our work in your local community or across Hampshire and Dorset
- Organising or hosting an event for YOU
- Volunteering and mentoring opportunities for your staff
- Payroll Giving
- Product promotions with a donation for every sale
- Employee involvement – offering your staff the opportunity to work together and support YOU can lead to business benefits such as:
Better team spirit and motivation
Lower staff turnover and greater productivity
Increased ‘employer brand’ value as a progressive, socially responsible company
However you want to be involved, supporting YOU will increase your reputation as a socially responsible company and employee loyalty and, of course, you have the satisfaction of knowing that, together, we’ve helped some of society’s most vulnerable people who really need our support.
We’ve worked with a large number of partners over the years. Some as a ‘one off’ and others as a longer more involved relationship. We’ve had support from some big organisations as well as smaller local companies but, in each instance, it’s really made a difference. A few of the people we’ve worked with recently include:
- Hampshire Constabulary
- The Royal Navy
- Holiday Inn
- Business in the Community
- VT Group
- University of Portsmouth Business School
- Lockheed Martin
- Dorset V
- EB Wrightson Charitable Trust
For further details on how your company can work with YOU, please contact us:
Telephone: 023 9279 3000 (main switchboard)
Address: South Wing, Admiral House, 43 High Street, Fareham, Hampshire. PO16 7BQ